To check the power of CHARACTER METAPHOR: how people attach to it, and how it affects their reading
2) Reading material in pdf file through messenger
3) Between group test: Character group & Non-character group
- Average reading amount: Number of pdf files participants read
- Consistency: Days of reading
- Satisfaction: Average score of 7-scale USE questionnaire
Total 10 participants, they were divided into 2 groups, 5 each: CHARACTER GROUP and NON-CHARACTER GROUP.
Messenger chatroom for each group were made, and all participants were given the instruction through it. Pre-survey was conducted; questions about their spare time, activity during that time, and the average reading amount per month. Also, they selected reading categories they want to get during the experiment. Only character group named their tree character, and the default name was Bud-dy.
Only character group got their character’s status when they get reading files through the messenger. The tree grows 10% each time. Participants can get a new file by replying “Done reading.”