Hero of the Skies is a Cave game that allows a user take a plane and deliver a medicine kit to the certain area during the war.
Duration 2 weeks | Role Programmer | Platform Cave: Room with three projectors around and movable floor & MakeyMakey | Development Tool Unity
- Build functions for the movements of a plane and a propeller
- Build props
You can get executable files here.
Considering a user has no experience in operating flight, we planned out to make a user being a medicine delivery man rather being a pilot. At the same time, we designed several interactions to avoid a passive experience. Main interactions are followed:
- Have conversations with the pilot (an actor)
- Bandage the pilot when injured
- Turn three switches on when the plane is malfunctioning
- Switch seats with the pilot to land the plane
- Pull the bar when landing
We built a plane and a bar that is connected with Makey Makey so a user can land the plane at the last part.
BUILDING PROPS & PLAYTESTING
In order to provide the context of the game clearly, we planned to:
- Decorate the entire room as a hanger
- Attach newspapers to the wall that reveal the current historical circumstance
- Team members act roles including a medic and an operator
- Utilize costumes including pilot hat, goggles, and leather jacket
- Make and buy props including a plane body, switches, and a bar